Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Now don't turn green with envy because I am Irish and part Welsh. One of my favorite days of the year and I am snowed in...in fact I just got done shoveling my driveway...but a little snow can't drive the leprechauns away! I am proud of my family's heritage and really I do take it seriously. My mother has done extensive research to find out about my family's past...we were coal miners, school teachers and even rumor of ties to the Molly Maguires! My mom's side of the family immigrated from Ireland to a small mining village in Eckley, PA and the history they left behind is just fascinating. If you get a chance, take the time to find out about your family tree, you would be surprised that you are not much different from the generations past and you can learn a lot from how they lived their lives. On that note may I leave you with an Irish Blessing...


May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go,
and guide you in whatever you do--
and may his loving protection be a blessing to you always.


May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.


No comments:

Like It? Buy It!!!