Thursday, June 26, 2008

Movie Theatre Legacy

In honor of the birthday of the first movie theater...
I loved going to this theater when I was little. I believe then, and no I am not that old, we could get in for 25 cents!

Ambridge Family Theatre
1967 - Present

Tom and Barbara Budjanek are the original owners of the Ambridge Family Theatre. They began the theatre creatively; wooden seats were purchased from the Pittsburgh Playhouse during one of its' renovations, neon lights were taken from the old "Blue Sky" sign, and Barbara's artistic talents furnished the front lobby in a plush 1930's style with hanging brass and crystal chandeliers, gold accented crown molding, red flocked velvet wallpaper, and mirrors to give a spacious appearance. Later on, cushioned seating from Radio City Music Hall was placed in the theatre. In 2004 the seating was refurbished with new padding and upholstery.

1 comment:

travelinma said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane...the big old theatres in my childhood charged 50 cents. I remember saving my allowance for the Saturday afternoon show.

Like It? Buy It!!!